We are super stoked to announce that we will have live music by Coastal Connection + surf raffle drawing held on Friday, February 28, 2014 at Café Iveta from 5pm to 9:30pm. We’ll announce the winners starting at 7:30pm. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN! Raffle tickets can be purchased in advance at:
This project started not with a bang but with a ding. Ben Nelson repaired a hole in one of local photographer David Dennis’s surfboards. Ben was kind enough to let David shoot him while he was doing repairs on the Westside one afternoon. From there, the project grew with each photo session leading to more referrals. Within a few weeks David (David Dennis Photos) had enough pictures to fill 50 galleries, but he didn’t want to leave anyone out, so he kept shooting and shooting and shooting. In fact, he’s still shooting and will be doing so up until opening night on February 7, 2014 at Café Iveta. Ashley Lloyd, an amazing shaper herself, and her band, The Shapes, will supply the music for this First Friday Art Tour event. Come check out the photos, meet local shapers, glassers and others in the industry. Buy raffle tickets for a chance to win killer prizes like surf boards and shaping sessions. And, best of all, the show will benefit the ocean protection efforts of the Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz. RSVP here. Raffle prizes listed below!
We will be announcing the winners at the end of the month, and you can purchase raffle tickets at the following locations, with one raffle ticket for $5, and 5 raffle tickets for $20.
Raffle Prizes Include:
• Completed Surfboard from Natural Curves Surfboards
• Completed longboard from Santa Cruz Board Builders Guild and Migration Surfboards
• Patagonia R3 wetsuit
• Two family, couple or individual portrait sessions and custom framed surfboard picture from David Dennis Photos
• $40 gift card (plus 10% of revenue from 4:30pm to closing on Friday, Feb 7 donated to Surfrider) from Iveta.
• Longship Design Wood Handplane from Sawyer Land and Sea Supply
• Custom shape job from Michel Junod Surfboards
• Custom shape job from Ward Coffey Shapes
• Shaping Session with Pearson Arrow
•Shaping Session + Blank from Freeline Design
• Shaping Session with Doug Haut Custom Surfboards
• Signed Copies of Tom Mahony’s novels
• Wood Hand Plane from Ventana Surfboards
• Fins for surfboards donated by Rainbow Fin Company
• A board blank from Tyler Lausten of TL Surf to be shaped by Ward Coffey
• T-shirts from Source Surfboards
• Shirts, Stretch ST2 Five Fin Futures Set, and a Friday Factory tour from Stretch Surfboards
• Signed copies of Frosty Hesson’s book, Making Mavericks