Surfrider Santa Cruz is a founding member of the Cowell’s Working Group, led by Save the Waves and the City of Santa Cruz, for 5 years.
- Cowell Beach Drops off Beach Bummer List, Save the Waves
- Santa Cruz’s Cowell Beach falls of the Annual ‘Beach Bummer’ report, Santa Cruz Sentinal
We are stoked to see Cowell Beach off the list, but the work is not over! We will continue to test Cowell and Main Beach weekly, and to work diligently with the Cowell’s Working Group to keep Cowell’s a safe space for locals and visitors. Nobody should get sick from surfing or spending a day at the beach!
Ways to Help
- Spread the word! Let your friend’s and family know of this big victory!
- Join our BWTF and help insure that Cowell’s and Main Beach are tested for water quality.
- Take photos to document pollution and needles at Cowell’s and Main Beach. Post them on our facebook page and let everyone know on twitter with @surfridersc and #CleanUpCowells
- Volunteer with Surfrider!
- Donate to Surfrider – $20 Pays for two water tests to make sure a day at the beach is healthy & safe