After a huge turnout on a dark and stormy night for the opening of “Board Makers of Santa Cruz” by David Dennis Photos, we couldn’t be more pumped for the closing party! Join us this Friday evening, February 28th, for the closing event at Cafe Iveta. This free event is family friendly and open to the public, with music from Coastal Connection, a custom menu with drink specials, and an exhibit from David Dennis Photos. Raffle tickets are on sale now at:
1. Friday, Feb 28 from 5-9:30p at Café Iveta at 2125 Delaware Ave. on the West Side
2. Two bands: Winkipop City (blues/rock/bluegrass) opening around 5:15pm for Coastal Connection (reggae/rock/soul)
3. $4 pints from a Santa Cruz Ale Works keg…other beer and wine will be on sale, too.
4. A delicious, custom menu by Café Iveta (10% of all food and drink sales will be donated to Surfrider so come hungry & thirsty and leave happy!).
5. A first-of-its-kind longboard for night surfing on display
6. Reclaimed wood boards on display and for purchase from Ventana Surfboards, with a % of the proceeds going to Surfrider
7. The Board Makers photos will be on display for the final time.
8. The RAFFLE PRIZE winners will be drawn around 7:30pm. Winners don’t need to be present…but we hope they are! Raffle tickets will be on sale at the show ($5 for 1 or $20 for 5) up until the moment of the drawing.
Raffle Prizes Include:
• Completed Surfboard from Natural Curves Surfboards
• Completed longboard from Santa Cruz Board Builders Guild and Migration Surfboards
• Patagonia R3 wetsuit
• Two family, couple or individual portrait sessions and custom framed surfboard picture from David Dennis Photos
• $40 gift card (plus 10% of revenue from 4:30pm to closing on Friday, Feb 28 donated to Surfrider) from Iveta.
• Longship Design Wood Handplane from Sawyer Land and Sea Supply
• Custom shape job from Michel Junod Surfboards
• Custom shape job from Ward Coffey Shapes
• Shaping Session with Pearson Arrow
•Shaping Session + Blank from Freeline Design
• Shaping Session with Doug Haut Custom Surfboards
• Signed Copies of Tom Mahony’s novels
• Wood Hand Plane from Ventana Surfboards
• Fins for surfboards donated by Rainbow Fin Company
• A board blank from Tyler Lausten of TL Surf to be shaped by Ward Coffey
• T-shirts from Source Surfboards
• Shirts, Stretch ST2 Five Fin Futures Set, and a Friday Factory tour from Stretch Surfboards
• Signed copies of Frosty Hesson’s book, Making Mavericks
One of these two custom boards could be yours for a $5 raffle ticket benefiting our oceans, waves, and beaches!