Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz is super excited for the opening of “Board Makers of Santa Cruz,” taking place Friday evening, February 7th, at Iveta. The event is free, family friendly, and open to the public, with a great food and live music from The Shapes. The exhibit is a photo show by David Dennis Photography, of local shapers, glassers, sanders, and other folks making custom surfboards. RSVP here.
We are super stoked to announce that we will be selling raffle tickets for the entire month of February at all Surfrider events, and at three locations in Santa Cruz! This is a huge raffle that includes not one, but two custom surfboards (from Natural Curves and Santa Cruz Board Makers Guild with Migration Surfboards), an R3 Wetsuit from Patagonia, Custom Hand Planes, Shaping lessons, and much more. We will be announcing the winners at the end of the month, and you can purchase raffle tickets at the following locations, with one raffle ticket for $5, and 5 raffle tickets for $20.
The prize list for the raffle is amazing, and we are unbelievably stoked on all of the support we have received from the surf community for a great cause, giving back to our oceans, waves, and beaches. You can check out the Board Makers of Santa Cruz exhibit for the entire month at Cafe Iveta, and also take a peek at both of the custom surfboard prizes at Iveta and Sawyer Land and Sea Supply. Check out the full prize list below, and we hope to see you at the opening Friday, February 7th!
Raffle Prizes Include:
• Completed Surfboard from Natural Curves Surfboards
• Completed longboard from Santa Cruz Board Builders Guild and Migration Surfboards
• Patagonia R3 wetsuit
• Two family, couple or individual portrait sessions and custom framed surfboard picture from David Dennis Photos
• $40 gift card (plus 10% of revenue from 4:30pm to closing on Friday, Feb 7 donated to Surfrider) from Iveta.
• Longship Design Wood Handplane from Sawyer Land and Sea Supply
• Custom shape job from Michel Junod Surfboards
• Custom shape job from Ward Coffey Shapes
• Shaping Session with Pearson Arrow
•Shaping Session + Blank from Freeline Design
• Shaping Session with Doug Haut Custom Surfboards
• Signed Copies of Tom Mahony’s novels
• Wood Hand Plane from Ventana Surfboards
• Fins for surfboards donated by Rainbow Fin Company
• A board blank from Tyler Lausten of TL Surf to be shaped by Ward Coffey
• T-shirts from Source Surfboards
• Shirts, Stretch ST2 Five Fin Futures Set, and a Friday Factory tour from Stretch Surfboards
• Signed copies of Frosty Hesson’s book, Making Mavericks